rss
email
twitter
facebook

1 Apr 2010

The Aggressive Land

The aggressive land charges the nation
To comply in forming a state
Within or without of tradition
Breeding a faction of hate

Unsuspecting victims of darkening minds
Eyes not prone to vigilance
Haunting winds speed indecision
Creating an apathetic trance

How would it be to imagine
Forming an independent thought
Escape from the parasitic machine
Relying not on false support

In a moment of deepening panic
Shall we dance on the cusp of a fall?
I am sorry for the things I have done
For I am not perfect at all

I may lack direction when pulled inside out
Do you think you know what I feel?
Look into my eyes to observe my shout
I wonder what’s left, that is real

Rip a hole in the sky to release the setting sun
Stand with me if you follow the notion
Endorse the destruction in time to come
Of the immoral blind devotion

Murder my mind by the side of the road
Leave my soul to the wastes
Scatter my honour to the seven winds
In the furthest reaches of space

I’ll be fine having aired my heart
To justify my promised words
Damage sustained collateral in part
Is par for the course I have heard?

The monster hides within us
Reaching from the pit of our mind
Devouring our good intentions
Leaving incivility behind

Pride will tear us both apart
As we seek to detect a truth of our own
If we truly value each others heart
Then we must surely behave as if one

Taking the most from the giving cup
Like the dog with perpetual thirst
Will leave the world with unbalance
Leaving us all destined for hurt

Rather that we were able
To facilitate each other’s needs
Then we’d no longer need to monopolise
This world as we try to succeed

0 comments:

Post a Comment