rss
email
twitter
facebook

10 Feb 2010

FEEDING THE SPIRIT

If I may just take a moment
To offer some words that may inspire
To offer comfort in a time of need
When the world has seemed to tire

Don’t forget that when it feels you’re trapped
Within a darkened room
You hold a light within you’re soul
The can repel the heaviest gloom

Don’t feel that all is lost because
The odds you face are huge
With positive thought and spirit
The greatest mountains can be moved

So don’t forget that if you feel
Your soul has become fatigued
The Soul’s energy is endless
It merely needs the opportunity to feed

So if you’re spirit is hungry
Agree to be my honoured guest
At a feast for spirits
By this special request

The finest positivity
Will be the only fayre
So negative aspects of the physical world
Would serve well to beware

When the Soul sees fit to wage a war
On negativity in life
There shall be no other outcome than
A shift away from woe’s and strife

So hearten at these very words
They are from my heart to you
Though times seem to be difficult
Remember this strength is within YOU


Originally written February 2007

4 comments:

Russell Willis said...

Well, the inaugural poetry post!
I orginally wrote this poem for my mother shortly after finding out she had been diagnosed with cancer.
It is intended to help one remember positive things, even in the darkest of situations.

travelmaus said...

Wonderful poem . Thank you so much for sharing this. How inspirational. I'll keep this close at hand where I can go back to it from time to time.

Derry said...

Moving and motivational - should be set to music.

Minxy said...

Inspirational and moved me almost to tears. Great poem, and I could tell it meant a lot to you when you wrote it too. Sorry to hear about your mum, I hope she kicks it soon xXx

Post a Comment